周保松:周保松:【悼】一報一筆一自由──敬悼林行止先生 文 我認為,林行止先生封筆和自由相關2026.#周保松真正的教者 ── 側記高錕校長; 一點讀書心得 ;周保松《小王子的領悟》;有信念,就有希望──《政治的道德》第三版序;在荃灣一瓢書店讀《小王子》。讀的是吳乃德先生的《自由的挫敗》
真正的教者 ── 側記高錕校長
(2018年9月23日)編按:諾貝爾物理學獎得主、有「光纖之父」之稱的高錕,今日下午離世,享年84歲。中文大學政政系副教授周保松早年撰寫此文,今日再向本網傳來多張相片,悼念這位備受尊敬的中大前校長。文章今日經重新排版,並添加了多張高錕生前照片。
「真正的大學教育,應該鼓勵學生自由探索,成為有個性有創造力同時懂得對生命負責的人,而不是用形形色色的戒條將學生變得唯唯諾諾服服貼貼。高校長明白,要培養這種人,就要給予學生最多的自由和最大的信任,容許學生嘗試和犯錯,並在眾聲喧嘩和不和諧中看到大學之大。」
1
2
4 月 1 日高校長和其他港事顧問上北京接受委任,學生會再次帶著標語到機場示威。高校長回來後,接受我們訪問。被問及如何看待學生抗議時,他說學生會對他沒有作出任何人身攻擊,而且「在香港,學生完全有權和有自由這樣做。」3 儘管是這樣,學生之間卻很快出現分歧,不同立場的大字報貼滿范克廉樓,引來大批同學圍觀回應。學生報當時做了個民意調查,訪問七百多位學生,發覺支持和反對高校長出任港顧的比例,是一半一半。
3
4
5
註腳

周保松
中文大學政政系副教授
一點讀書心得
2018/7/13 — 11:17
2017.9.23
然而,有時可能有些緣分。缪詠華女士今年來漢清講堂發表 (對了,阿邦轉引的殷琪的故事,應該是要轉送寫過【長眠在巴黎】的她)不忘送周保松簽名的【小王子的領悟】-- 她向作者卡油的。
我回贈一本重量級的Silverstein的書【不同的舞步】。並請她設法聽聽作者誦自己的詩的"聲優"水準。
我還說,很怕看原書數十倍篇幅的書;也不喜歡爭"馴服"、"馴化"、"親近"的翻譯。
歸檔之前,讀些,免得辜負作者、贈書者的美意。
"我的少年時代,大部分的人文養分都是來自台灣。....走進一個有情有義的文學世界。......我仍然清楚記得,當年讀到司馬中原的【啼明鳥】時的那份激動,.....給我前行的勇氣和希望。"
-----
"「最好在同一個時間過來,」狐狸說。「比方說,要是你下午四點鐘來的話,三點鐘一到,我就會很快樂。時間越臨近,我就會越感到快樂。四點鐘一到,我就已經坐立難安,而且會很擔心;我會發現快樂是要付出代價的!可是要是你來的時間不一定,我就永遠也不會知道什麼時候該做好心理準備⋯⋯這可是需要儀式的。」~狐狸,《小王子》"
損失函數描述某些可調整的參數的不同數值下,該系統遭受的損失。損失函數的運用範圍,應侷限在損失是可加以衡量的場合。
損失函數的最重要應用是可協助我們,從只求”符合規格”的心態、觀念,轉換到透過對於流程的改善,持續地將某目標值的變異縮小。
---W. Edwards Deming 《新經濟學》台北:經濟新潮,2015
2015.9.19
2000年是Antoine Saint-Exupéry百年祭 : the French aristocrat, writer and pioneering aviator Antoine de Saint-Exupéry (1900–1944).
他的所有作品似乎都有漢譯了 (台灣也如此).
*****
這可能是法國式怨偶.
一般外人很難想像如此婚姻關係:
After his disappearance, Consuelo de Saint Exupéry wrote The Tale of the Rose, which was published in 2000 and subsequently translated into 16 languages.[100]
看了後面四章. 還不錯. 他們在美國也是活在名人圈和友善圈中 (外地租屋. 屋主一聽是Antoine Saint-Exupéry 自願免費.....)
英文本: Saint-Exupéry, Antoine (Consuelo de); and/tr. by Esther Allen. The Tale of the Rose: The Love Story Behind The Little Prince. New York: Random House, 2000.
The Tale of the Rose:
The Love Story Behind The Little PrinceTheir love affair and marriage would take them from Buenos Aires to Paris to Casablanca to New York. It would take them through periods of betrayal and infidelity, pain and intense passion, devastating abandonment and tender, poetic love. The Tale of the Rose is the story of a man of extravagant dreams and of the woman who was his muse, the inspiration for the Little Prince’s beloved rose—unique in all the world—whom he could not live with and could not live without.
*****
有空應該重溫這小王子的天真 (2010)
Spotlight:
| 'Le Petit Prince' |

Quote:
永遠的《小王子》
翻譯:王相宜
Time Wasted
The little prince went away, to look again at the roses.“You are not at all like my rose,” he said. “As yet you are nothing. No one has tamed you, and you have tamed no one. You are like my fox when I first knew him. He was only a fox like a hundred thousand other foxes. But I have made him my friend, and now he is unique in all the world.”And the roses were very much embarrassed.“You are beautiful, but you are empty,” he went on. “One could not die for you. To be sure, an ordinary passerby would think that my rose looked just like you—the rose that belongs to me. But in herself alone she is more important than all the hundreds of you other roses: because it is she that I have watered; because it is she that I have put under the glass globe; because it is she that I have sheltered behind the screen; because it is for her that I have killed the caterpillars (except the two or three that we saved to become butterflies); because it is she that I have listened to, when she grumbled, or boasted, or ever sometimes when she said nothing. Because she is my rose.And he went back to meet the fox.“Goodbye,” he said.“Goodbye,” said the fox. “And now here is my secret, a very simple secret: It is only with the heart that one can see rightly; what is essential is invisible to the eye.”“What is essential is invisible to the eye,” the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.“It is the time you have wasted for your rose that makes your rose so important.”“It is the time I have wasted for my rose—” said the little prince, so that he would be sure to remember.“Men have forgotten this truth,” said the fox. “But you must not forget it. You become responsible, forever, for what you have tamed. You are responsible for your rose …”“I am responsible for my rose,” the little prince repeated, so that he would be sure to remember.









沒有留言:
張貼留言