2026年7月27日 星期一

The Legacy of Greece: A New Appraisal《希臘的遺產》(The Legacy of Greece)是由英國著名古典學家 M. I. 芬利(Moses I. Finley)主編、張強等人翻譯,由上海人民出版社出版。 第4章 荷馬的史詩 (K. W. 格蘭斯登)很精彩很可參考



 The Legacy of Greece: A New Appraisal《希臘的遺產》(The Legacy of Greece)是由英國著名古典學家 M. I. 芬利(Moses I. Finley)主編、張強等人翻譯,由上海人民出版社出版。 第4章 荷馬的史詩  (K. W. 格蘭斯登)很精彩很可參考

摩西·I·芬利爵士編輯了極具影響力的文集《希臘的遺產:新的評價》(1984),並透過其開創性的姊妹篇《奧德修斯的世界》(1954)徹底革新了荷馬史詩研究。 M.I.芬利對荷馬史詩的主要貢獻:人類學方法:芬利運用現代人類學和社會學來解讀《伊利亞德》和《奧德賽》中描繪的社會,他認為這反映的是一個連貫的(儘管是複合的)「黑暗時代」英雄社會結構,而非精確的邁錫尼歷史。價值與親屬關係體系:他強調了荷馬時代生活的核心組織原則,例如時間(榮譽/地位)、卓越(arete)以及維繫貴族階級的禮物交換網絡。嵌入社會的經濟:芬利認為,古代的經濟行為無法用現代資本主義模式來理解;相反,貿易和分配完全由社會義務、地位和親屬關係驅動。 《希臘的遺產》(1984)新評價:作為主編,芬利匯集了14位頂尖學者,探討希臘生活的各個面向——包括文學、神話、哲學和政治——在古代的運作方式,以及它們如何塑造了後世。去浪漫化古代:本書避免了理想化的陳腔濫調,以務實的視角審視了希臘社會的實際運作機制和長期存在的矛盾。



Sir Moses I. Finley edited the influential collection The Legacy of Greece: A New Appraisal (1984) and revolutionized Homeric studies through his seminal companion work, The World of Odysseus (1954). [1, 2, 3]
Key Contributions by M.I. Finley on Homer's Epics
  • Anthropological Approach: Finley applied modern anthropology and sociology to interpret the society depicted in the Iliad and Odyssey, arguing it reflected a coherent (though composite) "Dark Age" heroic social structure rather than exact Mycenaean history. [1, 2]
  • Value and Kinship Systems: He emphasized the core organizing principles of Homeric life, such as time (honor/status), arete (excellence), and gift-exchange networks that bound the aristocracy together. [1, 2, 3, 4, 5]
  • The Economy Embedded in Society: Finley argued that ancient economic behavior could not be understood through modern capitalist models; instead, trade and distribution were driven entirely by social obligations, status, and kinship. [1, 2, 3]
The Legacy of Greece (1984)
  • A New Appraisal: As editor, Finley brought together 14 leading scholars to explore how specific facets of Greek life—including literature, myth, philosophy, and politics—functioned in antiquity and how they shaped subsequent modern generations. [1]
  • De-romanticizing Antiquity: The volume avoids idealized tropes, presenting a grounded, realistic look at Greek society's actual mechanics and enduring tensions. [1]





The Legacy of Greece: A New Appraisal

Moses I. Finley
Oxford University Press, 1984 - History - 479 pages
This book is about much more than 'the glory that was Greece'. Each of the fourteen distinguished contributors describes a particular aspect of Greek culture, and then shows what later generations have made of this valuable inheritance. The result is a lucid and down-to-earth introduction to how the ancient Greeks lived and thought, and to their influence on the world today. Topics covered include politics, literature, history, education, philosophy, science, myth, and art and architecture.More »




About the author (1984)
M. I. Finley is at Darwin College, Cambridge 1976-1982.

Bibliographic information

Title The Legacy of Greece: A New Appraisal
Clarendon paperbacks
Legacy Series
Oxford Paperback Reference
Oxford paperbacks
Editor Moses I. Finley
Edition illustrated, reprint
Publisher Oxford University Press, 1984
ISBN 0192851365, 9780192851369
Length 479 pages
Subjects
History
Ancient
Greece





《希臘的遺產》(The Legacy of Greece)是由英國著名古典學家 M. I. 芬利(Moses I. Finley)主編、張強等人翻譯,由上海人民出版社出版的經典歷史學著作。 [1, 2]

書籍重點
內容架構:收錄多位頂尖古典學家的文章,從政治學、哲學、文學、戲劇、藝術、史學等 15 個獨特視角,探討古希臘文明對現代世界的深遠影響。
出版資訊:中文版由上海人民出版社發行(常見版本包含 2004 年版與 2016 年精裝版)。 [1, 2, 3]

希臘的遺產
ese Edition by 张强 I.芬利 (Author), 新华书店北美网 (Author) Format: Hardcover













See all formats and editions




















从荷马的《伊利亚特》《奥德赛》到赫西俄德的《神谱》《田功农时》,从希罗多德的《历史》、修昔底德的《伯罗奔尼撒战争史》到依旧响彻耳际的伯里克利“在阵亡将士葬礼上的演说”,从终究难逃命运魔掌的悲剧《被缚的普罗米修斯》《俄狄浦斯王》到苏格拉底、柏拉图和亚里士多德延展开来的希腊哲学,从宙斯、狄奥尼索斯的神话传说到留存至今仍然无法逾越的希腊雕塑……古希腊的一切,惠及所有人。  《希腊的遗产》收入芬利、莫米利亚诺、伯纳德·威廉姆斯等14位古典学家的精彩文章,从政治、哲学、艺术、戏剧等15个独特视角,深刻解析古希腊之于现代世界的伟大意义,堪称经典之作。

沒有留言:

網誌存檔